Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 117

Thread: So I'm watching this town hall...

  1. #101
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Sorry, just noticed that you did have a link
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #102
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Also, without reading all these links, can I ask how these people are telling us what is in the bill when there isn't a bill yet?
    Agreed 1000%. That's a major misconception is that this bill is ready to pass and it has to be stopped right now--not debated on and talked about amongst constituents so we can help shape the reform itself via influencing our House & Senate representatives.

    There's about 3-4 versions of the bill floating around out there--the 1,000 page one you keep hearing talked about is the House version currently, and it's not even close to done yet. It's more of a collection of ideas about shaping this policy more than it is to actually being a "bill".

    I think the closest we'll get to health care reform won't be until next fall, if then. Remember--Obama's campaign goal was to have reform done and passed into law by the end of his first term, not first year.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #103
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Also, without reading all these links, can I ask how these people are telling us what is in the bill when there isn't a bill yet?
    That's a major misconception is that this bill is ready to pass and it has to be stopped right now, and it's not even close to done yet. It's more of a collection of ideas about shaping this policy more than it is to actually being a "bill

    Then what were they (Maobama/congress) so adimant about voting on and getting passed for him to sign into law before the August Break??????




    Obama's campaign goal was to have reform done and passed into law by the end of his first term, not first year.

    "...I want [the bill] done by the end of this year. I want it done by the fall,"



    Which is it? Dam I thought Kerry was bad and had no idea what he said from one day to the next.

    Also isn't this the same guy that said when unemployment was at 7.5% that unemployment would hit 8% if his stimulus plan didn't get passed right now. And what is it now? I'll go ahead and let ya know it's 9.4% for july, but it's down from 9.5%. How can anyone question the superiorit of this bunch?
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #104
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  5. #105
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    That one doesn't appear to be a race issue.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #106
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    It wasn't and the other guy wasn't either, it's just stupidity. Taking it further and further to eventually someone is going to do something, then it'll be too late.

  7. #107
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    YouTube - Tempers Flare at Las Vegas Town Hall

    So this conservative decides to yell Heil Hitler at a jewish guy.

  8. #108
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Notice how quiet that lady got when she got caught yelling "Heil Hitler" at a Jewish man...on camera. And then, when she thought the camera was off, she started mouthing off at the guy, making fun of him having to pay $8K for a 2 hour ER visit, and continually touched him/poked him. I know she wasn't gonna hurt him, but that was confrontational.

    Notice how much more brazen & aggressive she got when what I would assume to be her son and husband got over to her and stood next to her.

    She didn't want to discuss the subject, she wanted to make fun of the guy and scream racial epithets.

    THAT, in a nutshell, is why I completely disagree with the protestation tactics that a lot of GOP PAC backed groups going to these meetings are practicing--discussion doesn't actually occur on the subject, and nothing gets resolved. It's a shame.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #109
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    One solution to healthcare, and it really hits at the "un-insurables" somebody used to like to whine about. I mean, the healthy are NEVER a problem in this system, right?

    "
    While we're at it, to hell with Sara Bott, a 30-year-old full-time restaurant manager in Morgantown who had no health insurance when she was so careless as to develop a brain aneurysm in February.
    She apparently came through the surgery beautifully. Her friends and family have organized fundraisers to try to chip away at the $1 million in medical bills.
    What should Sara do? Should she make payments for the rest of her life? At $300 a month, she could pay the bill off in 278 years, not counting interest. What is reasonable interest on a brain surgery loan? Should she declare bankruptcy?
    Obviously, she needs to get out there and hustle herself a job with health insurance. Should an employer hire someone with such a health history? Would the company insurance cover her even if she were hired?
    These are not hypothetical examples.
    To hell with the 210 working-age West Virginians who die each year because they have no health insurance, according to Families USA. Nationally, about 22,000 fall into that category. In our society, insurance means access, and access means catching diseases when they are still curable.
    Families USA also found that one in three West Virginians under age 65 went without health insurance for all or part of 2007 and 2008. The devil with 'em. They can tough it out.
    Workers who still have private insurance are paying premiums that rose four times faster than wages during the past eight years. The coverage gets thinner while the deductibles and co-payments go up.
    That doesn't even take into account the amounts employers are absorbing before they start cutting benefits and passing on more costs to employees.
    At the rate we're going, it will be to hell with the sign carriers pretty soon. They may have their good private or government insurance now, but that gravy train can't last.
    Those of us who are working to pay for health insurance for everyone else are none too secure in our jobs. We're getting scarcer by the day, and so are the employers who pay us.
    Plenty of service industries have already figured out that they can eliminate health insurance and people will still come to work. Eventually, the professional and few remaining manufacturing jobs will go that way, too. It has been happening for years. Companies downsize and hire people back as independent contractors or through temp agencies. Sometimes, they even hire the same people. They keep the knowledge and experience, but they save a bundle on health insurance. It's someone else's problem.
    This pattern is literally breaking the country. It stifles entrepreneurs, wrecks competitiveness, depresses hiring and paralyzes workers.
    If the status quo crowd succeeds, they won't have to worry about anyone messing with their's. "
    'I've got mine. To hell with everyone else ... - Dawn Miller - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports

    The mining industry sees a lot of this. Back in the 80s , ins went at a lot of jobs, and the "temp -to-hire" is an easy to get person with no burden for the parent company.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  10. #110
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I'm watching this town hall...

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    YouTube - Tempers Flare at Las Vegas Town Hall

    So this conservative decides to yell Heil Hitler at a jewish guy.
    Bush would have nailed him with a cruise missile.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •